Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Join Slyp and be a part of revolutionising the world of receipts! We are a Fintech dedicated to eliminating paper receipts and creating a seamless customer experience. With the backing of major banks and a team of industry experts, Slyp is at the forefront of transforming the way we view receipts. Today, we seamlessly tap our cards, our phones, even our watches to make a payment, but at the end of a transaction, we’re still handed a centuries old paper receipt that will likely end up in the bin. We thought there has to be a better way.
Why is Slyp a great place to work?
Slyp Village attracts top-notch talent from around the globe. Our inclusive environment allows Slypsters to unleash their creativity and drive, all while being part of a movement that's shaking things up for the better.
Here are some of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Generous L&D program - $1500 budget per anniversary for you to use towards honing your craft
- Slyp Gives - we run 2 community give back days each year
- Competitive leave policies including parental leave
- Flexible work and the option to work from anywhere in the world for a period of time
- Sweet pet friendly office, monthly (sometimes random) lunch and learns and always on team fun and experience program
What we are looking for
A Senior Full-Stack Engineer who will help build both a consumer facing React Native app, and the backing service, that gives Australians a better, more sustainable way to get receipts. You will also contribute to our backend services that support direct integrations into merchant and financial institution apps, including Kmart, Country Road and the big 4 Australian banks.
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who can design, develop, and deploy scalable and reliable web applications using AWS services, Kubernetes, TypeScript and React. You will be working with a team of talented engineers who are passionate about building innovative solutions for our clients.
This role requires the candidate to be based in Sydney, NSW. Candidates who are not located near or in Sydney will not be considered.
What does a normal day look like?
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and secure cloud services using AWS resources such as Kubernetes, API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, Dynamo and S3.
- Design and implement frontend features for web and mobile using technologies such as using React, React Native, TypeScript, HTML and CSS.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver high-quality products and user experiences.
- Write clean, maintainable code with high test coverage following best practices and code standards.
- Continuously learn and improve your skills and knowledge of the latest technologies and trends in cloud computing and web development.
- Mentor more junior engineers and share best practices with the rest of the engineering team
- Participate in our on call rotation and work with other engineers on high priority incidents.
- Ensure continued platform compliance in line with our ISO, security and external privacy requirements.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar software engineering role
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in TypeScript, NodeJS and either React or React Native, and willing to learn new frameworks and technologies as you contribute to a broad set of services and apps
- You’re a team player and collaborate with the team to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with testing tools such as Jest, Cypress, or Playwright
- Experience with designing and deploying cloud resources, preferably on AWS
- Experience with Git, developer code review processes, and CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions
- Strong knowledge of web service fundamentals, such as RESTful APIs, security, performance, etc.
A little on our technology
- Cloud based and AWS hosted
- We use React Native and React for our app and web frontends, and encourage engineers do some full stack development
- We also support native mobile SDKs to make it easier for our partners to integrate
- Our backend services are primarily TypeScript NodeJS containers running in EKS / Kubernetes
- We lean on AWS serverless technologies such as API Gateway (including CloudFront, WAF and Shield), Lambda, Kinesis, SNS and SQS
- We store data in AWS Aurora (Postgres), DynamoDB and S3
- Our data lake is based on AWS serverless technologies such as Redshift, Athena, QuickSight and Glue
- We value customer data and keep security front of mind and at our core
Our recruitment process
- Screening call with our People Partner
- Interview with Engineering Manager
- Final interview with Engineering and Product Leads