mx51 is a payments-as-a-service solution for banks, non-bank acquirers, and other merchant service providers. We are building a payment platform that allows merchants to accept payments in-store, in-app and online, whilst consolidating all their data on a real-time business management dashboard.
We have an exciting position for an Account/Senior Account Director who’ll be instrumental in driving mx51’s growth trajectory.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our clients to address their key payments & commerce pain points, be part of the solution in helping them deliver great merchant experiences and thereby expand and extend our client base, and solution penetration.
In your role, you’ll be engaging with senior executives at multiple levels and functions across the client organisation. Your experience working across complex and/or matrix level organisations will serve you well in understanding the complexity and dynamics of working with these companies.
This role reports into the Chief Customer Officer and will be based out of Sydney/Melbourne.
More details about the role:
- Overall responsibility and leadership for growth across accounts on named account list
- Build account plans and execute against these to meet commercial milestones and increase services penetration across financial services clients
- Take ownership and lead the full sales cycle from prospecting, through to commercials and delivery
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders at new and existing clients
- Coordinate and facilitate key customer meetings (e.g., steering committees, product roadmap updates)
- Collaborate with mx51 teams - Customer team (e.g., Partnerships) and other functions (e.g., Delivery, Product, Finance, Legal, Support and Engineering) to lead customer work sessions and/or analysis to support sales
- Lead and contribute to Customer team projects to develop and refine our sales process, strategy and growth
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy in line with broader client needs and expectations
What you'll need to succeed:
- Proven B2B sales experience, preferably selling a SaaS/technical product, with a track record of top performance
- Experience within payments acceptance / payments domain or the banking sector
- Proficiency in business development, sales and managing customer accounts
- Ability to understand complex business/technical requirements and craft solutions leveraging mx51 services
- Ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, operating in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment working independently and collaborating with relevant teams as required to drive successful outcome
The nice to haves:
- Worked in a bank, merchant acquirer, PSP or have worked with clients in this sector as part of your previous roles
- Strong interest and a deep understanding of existing and emerging technology
- Some understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile or Scrum
- Masters Degree, MBA or relevant bachelors degree would be advantageous
If you’re naturally curious, get excited about a challenge, and are willing to take an opportunity from start to finish - please apply or reach out for more info!
What we offer
You will be joining an incredible team who are committed to our vision and company values. Our innovative culture gives you opportunities to make real contributions that will shape the future of the business. In addition to a fun and flexible work environment, we also offer:
- Work from overseas up to 4 weeks per year
- Flexible work practices and tools to help you set up your remote workstation
- Access to co-working facilities across 3 states
- Annual team offsite
- Social events run by our social committee
- Swap a public holiday and take an alternative day off
- Paid leave for volunteering
- Employee Share Option Plan (subject to invitation)
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
mx51 is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role without bias to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Note: mx51 does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies.