Technical Product Manager (Auckland or NZ Remote)
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high-volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good. In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
About the Role
Taking the lessons learned from our customers, the police and the industry overall, we built a new, easy-to-use, high performing, and scalable platform to take Auror to the rest of the world. We’re now building on this foundation and have big plans for the future.
As part of these plans, we are looking for a Technical Product Manager to help us develop Auror as the leading platform bringing sources of retail crime prevention data together in one place. This role will be focused on supporting our Retail Crime Intelligence Hub, improving and increasing the number of ways Auror connects to other retail crime prevention tools within the ecosystem.
We’re a growing company so in this role you can expect your day to day to include;
- Working with customers and users to ensure we understand the problems they’re facing, and sharing that context with the work stream/s you look after
- Exploring and experimenting to maximise the impact the work we do has on solving customer problems
- Diving into the detail of the work the work stream/s you support are doing all the way from discovery to delivery and post-release analysis
- Working with other Product Managers, Designers, Software Engineers, and QA, to clearly define epics / features / user stories
- Collaborating with key partners to manage roadmaps for the workstream/s you look after that support our wider company goals
- Being a key driver and motivating the work stream teams you look after to ship value frequently
- Measuring impact of changes made once in the hands of users, and iterating to maximise value
In your first 90 days you’ll be tasked with developing a thorough understanding of the market we work in, and getting a good big picture of where we’re heading. You’ll need to have a clear view of the problems to be solved, and the current scope, but also a good understanding of the things that are still unknown. There will be lots of finer details to dig into so you will be spending time researching and refining.
This role reports to Heather Legg, Director of Product
I stumbled into Product after 5 years in market research, user research roles and analytics. I quickly found Product Management to be the happy place in my venn diagram; an overlapping of being able to learn deeply about other people and their lives, with the creative juice and excitement of being able to create awesome things. This drive to understand and create is a pattern I see in many things that energise me; at home it's being channelled through my dog Emmie, who I'm adamant about training into a super-dog. In my hobbies it comes through in my love of discovering and creating new and interesting foods. At work it comes through in a passion to make products that solve real problems in a way that sparks excitement in our users. As a general rule I am most animated when I'm problem solving surrounded by kind and ambitious people, and what better place to do it that than at Auror. We have a team of superstars who are empowering retailers and Police globally to stop crime, for good. You can check out my LinkedIn here.